Tuesday, August 24, 2010

More T-shirt Surgery


Here is my latest Tshirt creation. I'm pretty proud of this one. I used two (adult size large) shirts, plus a few scraps from a third for accents. My dad came by yesterday and helped me figure out how to thread and operate my grandma's antique sewing machine, so I was able sew a lot faster and make more well made dress.
a view of the back where I made a couple darts to take it in a bit so it's not too loose at the top...
a close up view of the flower appliques I made
I made the collar from the hem cut off of a shirt sleeve and just ruffled it then attached it.

I've been doing research on Tshirt reconstruction, and have checked a few books out from the library, but I can't find any patterns for making little girls dresses, so I have had to make up my own patterns, which is saying a lot considering the only clothing I've made was in 7th grade Home-Ec. But Tshirts are fun and easy to work with; no need for hemming, already has arm holes and neck holes, and they are cheap or even free if you work with Tshirts you've had hanging around for years!

1 comment:

Chiemi said...

LaTressa, you rock so much!