Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fresh, Home-made Apricot Jam

My first time making Jam was a great success. My dad and I volunteered to help pick Apricots at the Church orchard last week, and in return they let us take home some apricots. I made four batches of yummy fruit leather; Apricot-Apple, Apricot-Strawberry, Apricot-Banana, and Apricot-Pineapple-Coconut. Then I decided to be brave and try the jam. My parents had all the supplies, so I went to their house and with a little help made three batches of jam, one with pineapple. And let me tell you, it is SOOOOOO delicious!! It's sweet like candy, smells heavenly, and I think I'm addicted to jam on fresh rolls. Wish you could all try a bite!!!

Hopefully the pictures will be a feast for you eyes at least.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chiemi said...

Yum!! My jam is so much darker. I wonder what I did differently.

LaTressa said...

Did you add lemon juice? That's the only thing I can think of that might make it darker. I just followed the directions on the pectin instructions, basically just apricots, lemon juice, sugar and pectin... I'm sure it tastes just as delicious anyhow, I'd love to taste some of yours!!