Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm so BAD!! ...catching up



Well, we all know the truth, I'm a terrible blogger... I'd like to be better, but I'm just not motivated, I know there are a few people out there who give it a glance now and then, and to YOU, I say HELLO!!! and SORRY!!!! I spend very little time online, and I know you all post such wonderful and cute and memorable things on your blogs, and I wish I was better at keeping tabs on everyone, but such is life. I just get caught up in the "now" and pretty much live in each moment.


I have been pretty busy with church stuff, I just called as 2nd counselor in the Relief Society Pres in our ward in October. So that is one of my biggest occupations lately. But I LOVE it!! I serve with some really awesome ladies, and I LOVE the sisters in our ward, there's no other calling I would rather have right now.


We got a dog a few weeks ago. Kade and I both pitched in our birthday money to pay the adoption fee, and got ourselves an adorable puggle from PAWS. We named him Rockifeller, (Rocki, for short). He's a sweet and loving little dog, and we have really enjoyed having the new addition to our family!


I had a minor surgery last week. For medical reasons, I can no longer have children, but it was still physically possible. So to avoid 20 years of taking hormones, or other forms of BC, I had my tubes tied. We felt good about it, it's a decision we've been talking about for at least a year, and prayed about and felt it was the right thing to do. Someday, if we're even in a position to do so, we'd like to adopt. But for now, we are completely happy with our two wonderful children. I don't think I could handle more anyway, I don't deal well with stress and chaos. I have faith that this is part of our "plan".
Here are a couple pics of the kids at Halloween, since I'm terrible out of date!!

2 comments:

Chiemi said...

KJ is such a cute pirate!! Wow, Delaney looks so much older in this picture of her. I feel kind of silly, but I blogged about your awesome pictures the moment I got home. :) I love them so much! I can't wait to print and frame them.

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

Glad to get a quick update. It sounds like you've been pretty busy, and I'm happy to hear that you're doing well. I'll keep you posted when we do the summer play groups; I'd love to catch up more.